Activity Date: January 20, 2016
Activity Due Date: January 25, 2016 at 6:00 PM
Activity Points: 10 points
INSTRUCTIONS: Setup your Google Drive for communication and collaboration with me and your group members. All class work should be submitted through the shared Google Drive Folder with the following standard naming convention: spring2016-bus110-firstname-lastname. All submissions should be inside the folder.
Step 1: Sign in to your LIU Email
Step 2: Locate the icon highlighted in yellow and click on it:
Step 3: Select Google Drive
Step 4: Create a high level folder name spring2016-bus110-firstname-lastname (substitute your own first name and last name in the label of your folder)
Step 5: Share your folder with me by using my Gmail email address: email@example.com; this will not work if you use my LIU email address.
The sharing options and the collaboration opportunities with your group members will be discussed in depth; see below:
You can share a file or folder in Google Drive or in the Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Open Drive, or a file or folder you want to share.
- Open the sharing box:
- While you have a file open: Click Share in the top-right corner.
- While you have a folder open: Click the Share button in the top-right.
- From your file list in Drive: Select the name of a file or folder and click the Share button at the top.
- Under “People” in the sharing box, type the email addresses of the people or Google Groups you want to share with. You can also search for contacts by typing them into the box.
- Choose the type of access you want to give these users by clicking the dropdown arrow to the right of the text box:
- Can edit: Users can edit the file or folder and share it with others
- Can comment: Users can view and add comments to the file or folder, but can’t edit it
- Can view: Users can see the file or folder but can’t edit or comment on it
- Click Done. The users will receive an email letting them know you’ve shared the file or folder with them.
Share lots of files at once
If you want to share multiple files at once, add the files to a folder in Drive and then share the entire folder with the people you want to see the files.